Kitchen sink relocation and potential for blockages

Users who are viewing this thread

Branimal

Reaction score
I am moving a kitchen sink to a new location 12’ away from the exisitng sanitary tee. I plan to wrap the new 2” drain line around a wall (3 1/2” metal studs, non-structural) to the existing sanitary tee. A new vent line will be run back (also in the wall) to the the existing vent line.

The new setup adds 12’ of horizontal pipe (1/4” slope per foot) with 135 degrees of turns UNTIL I reach vertical pipe. 45 degrees after the trap arm and 90 degrees where the two walls meet.

Will the 135 degrees of turns and 12’ of pipe leave the drain more susceptible to blockages? Am I asking for trouble with this new setup? What can I do to mitigate blockages? I’m going to install a cleanout.

Garbage disposals are not allowed in the unit.

Attachments

• 038D3DC8-E803-4909-950D-B110C48AF2C8.jpeg
    038D3DC8-E803-4909-950D-B110C48AF2C8.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 193

Ladiesman217

Reaction score
Just wondering. How are you going to get the horizontal drain and vent lines installed in a 3 1/2" steel studded wall?

Branimal

Reaction score
Just wondering. How are you going to get the horizontal drain and vent lines installed in a 3 1/2" steel studded wall?

Rip down the sheetrock. And use a holes saw to cut the holes in the thin metal studs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks