kitchen sink pluged/glued/broken cleanout

Users who are viewing this thread

robertpvcglued

Reaction score
hello,

My kitchen sink is clogged. The trap is pvc piping and it is all glued 1 piece. It looks like someone tried to remove the clean out trap and failed because anything on the outside of the pipe is broken off and it is flush. Is there anything I can try or do I need to replace the unit?

It was a slow drain and when I used drain cleaner it plugged solid. plunging it did not remove the slow drain either.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A picture would help. A small snake might work if you don't have a disposal unit in there. Other than that, hard to say without seeing it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I prefer using a tubular p-trap that I can take apart, using a "trap adapter" to connect to the pipe from the wall.
If you have used a drain cleaner, be very carefull. That stuff will harm skin and eyes. I would never use it. It's very dangerous to work with.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks