Kitchen sink, p-trap and long horizontal drain

Users who are viewing this thread

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is how most plumbers do it. What you have is a homeowner special orientation.

Attachments

• 16332753113002124629633172021927.jpg
    16332753113002124629633172021927.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 151

Reach4

Reaction score
This is how most plumbers do it. What you have is a homeowner special orientation.
Trymor was having problems finding a slip joint branch.

John, do you use slip joint or glue at that point?

aav-kitchen.jpg

Trymor

Reaction score
Fair enough. Am I understanding correctly that the downside to my “homeowner special” is that the two basins are draining into the tee at the same level, while in the preferred method one basin is draining straight down and the second is draining into this tailpiece at a lower point?

Trymor

Reaction score
I just want to put myself out there a bit and say I really appreciate all of your patience on this silly post… I’ve been stuck at home with two little kids the last year and a half when I was meant to be starting to train for a new career in the trades. My little projects have kept me sane but it’s been frustrating not being able to go out there and learn from the pros, so thank you.

Taking all your comments into consideration, I’ve tried modifying my assembly in the hopes that it will make it better - but I still need to keep the parts that are low towards the back of the cabinet so that I can use a pull-out drawer that has a back which is several inches high.

Is this any better? I’ll have to find a way to attach that dishwasher tailpiece to the waste arm…

13C5B5D2-B15D-4A2F-A767-309870B066FE.jpeg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Trymor was having problems finding a slip joint branch.

John, do you use slip joint or glue at that point?

aav-kitchen.jpg
Not sure what you mean by branch. I use glue for the drain and vent assembly. Then a trap adapter glued into the tee. Then slip joint for the trap assemblies.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks