Kitchen sink drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Code Questions' started by Ron Franssen, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Ron Franssen

Ron Franssen New Member

Hello, here's a quick description. Using a large (deep) farmhouse sink with single discharge. Garbage disposer is also large. Only about 4 inches between edge of disposer and the stub out on the wall. Is it acceptable to put a 45 on the stub out (not going up or down but rather parallel) to "move" the stub out for the adapter that the trap/return could feed into. I have the disposer positioned so the discharge is turned 90 degrees from the stub out.

I can provide more information if required but I know everyone's busy and short ?'s are generally appreciated.
    thanks
    Ron

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Probably. I suggest you post a photo.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. MASTERPLUMB777

MASTERPLUMB777 In the Trades

Retired Master Plumber
    YES YOU MAKE THE CHANGE OF DIRECTION THEN USE THE P TRAP TURN

5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

If you have a trap adapter at the wall, you could cut a 1-1/2 double-offset tube to make a piece that could help you with this. You can mix materials with slip-joint drain parts.

22 gauge is more common, but the thicker 17 gauge is available too. The OD is the same on each.

Attached Files:

6. Ron Franssen

Ron Franssen New Member

Thanks for the information. A single street 45 with the adapter glued to that end was all I needed to successfully connect the waste discharge via the p-trap. Appreciate the responses.