Kitchen sink drain too high?

Users who are viewing this thread

RomoKitty

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm in the middle of a remodel and just noticed that when I pour a lot of water into one side of my kitchen sink, it sometimes backs up into the other bowl, but eventually drains out. I took a look underneath and I think the issue is that the tail piece after the trap (into the wall) is sloped the wrong way. I assume this is because the disposal sits too low and the GC couldn't get the tailpiece too slope down to the wall drain stub out.

Or there any solutions for this other than having them move the wall drain stub out lower?

Attachments

• IMG_0608.JPG
    IMG_0608.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0609.JPG
    IMG_0609.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 161

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's not what's happening. Your drain is lower than your garbage disposal. You have something in your pipes.

Reach4

Reaction score
Reverse the U of the trap, and get the slopes of the horizontal lines correct. If your p-trap is not reversible, get one that is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks