Kitchen Sink Drain Pipe too High...venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

cds0020

Reaction score
I am renovating my kitchen and decided to switch to a new 10" deep undermount sink. The issue I have run into is that the existing drain pipe coming out of the wall is too high for this deep of a sink and a garbage disposal. I only have 5" from the bottom of the new sink to the center of the drain.

The kitchen is over a 4' tall crawlspace, so I decided to keep the deep sink I have and run the drain down through the floor and tie it into the main drain pipe down there. I'm trying to work out how to vent it if I do this. The attached pdf shows my current setup and 3 ideas I came up with. Which one of these will work the best? Any other ideas that would work better?

Attachments

• Kitchen Sink Plumbing.pdf
    182.2 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. 3B is most likely to be according to code in your area and work pretty well until the Studor fails. 2B would probably work well.

The others would not meet a code and would not work well.

Best would be to lower the sanitary tee in the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks