Kitchen Sink drain into main Vent stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Steelbuster

Reaction score
HI, My toilet trap arm drains into a 4" tee below the floor with the main vent stack out the top of the tee. My kitchen sink drain has a 42" trap arm that is tee'd into that 4" vent above the toilet drain tee. Firstly, is that OK?
Secondly, I need to lower that trap arm from approximately 19" above the floor to about 15-16" to accommodate a deeper sink basin being installed. Are there any resrtictions on the height of the kitchen drain where it ties into the 4" main vent stack? If not, do I use a sanitary tee for the connection.
Thanks

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
sounds good but you are at the far end on trap arm length 42 inches so if your 43 inches you might get called just saying!

Steelbuster

Reaction score
Yes, depends on exactly where I measure the trap arm length. Assuming original plumber did it right
Any issues with the sink tie in being below the toilet flood rim or???

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks