kitchen sink drain basket....can't find the right one. HELP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

iang

Reaction score
Thanks for reading this. I have a double sink and I can't find a replacment piece to attach the tailpipe to. It isn't a regular basket assembly, it is just a small piece that the tail pipe screws onto. It has a gasket which catches a small flange and rests on the 1 1/2 " hole in the basins basket which is integral. It looks like the piece in the replacment baskets that is attached solid and not removable (that would be too easy!!) It has Waltec drain plugs but I have no idea of the manufacturer of the sink itself. It has the regular rectangular shape for the plug to sit into and three holes around it to to set the plug up for draining. I tried the big stores Canadian tire, Home Depot, Rona etc. aswell a s a plumbing supply store in town and everyone seems stumped. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ian

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
As far as I know, those sinks are dicontinued.They have been for a number of years. The only place that may have something similar is Hudson plumbing supply in Toronto.

Have you checked to see if the small strainers like the one below fits

Attachments

• base_media.jpg
    base_media.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 396
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks