Kitchen Single Bowl Deep Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

MattInMJ

Reaction score
I have installed a single bowl, offset right drain sink in our kitchen. I have a compact disposer underneath. I have seen others with similar issues and just want to confirm if this should work or not. We went from a 7" sink to a 9" sink. It drains fine with running water. Ran the dishwasher and it ran fine. When the sink is filled it drains slow and requires opening the disposer flange. It appears to bean air issue. Will a reverse p trap help? Would placing the p trap on the disposer help? I know the horizontal pipe slopes back a little. Admittedly, it is cobbled together just to to be able to use in the short term. I hope the exit drain does not have to be lowered.

Sink.jpg

Appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Push one of the rubber flaps down to pass air. Does that make things drain fine? If so, some trimming of the flaps can solve this for you.

I don't know what opening the disposer flange would mean. If it meant pulling the stopper, you wouldn't have posted what you posted. If it means pushing on a rubber flap, then it will be an easy fix.

P-trap looks fine.

MattInMJ

Reaction score
Thanks Reach4. I will give that a try. The opening in the disposer flange is small so hopefully it will help. Didn’t have the issue in the prior double bowl sink but obviously there was another drain for the air to escape.

Reach4

Reaction score
Re-looking at your photo, use a level to make sure the line from the disposal to the trap slopes down at 1/4 inch per foot. It is hard to see that aspect with a photo from that angle. A reversible trap could help with that. A level line, instead of sloped, would not explain your symptoms without the air consideration, I think. The trap adapter at the wall is clearly lower than the output of the disposal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks