Kitchen Plumbing Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

pbj

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm starting a kitchen remodel and looking for a little help on the drain. We have removed a kitchen half wall/bar and re-routing the drain to the back wall.

In the picture. In green are the locations of the old drain from the half wall and where I need the new drain to be located. I am utilizing the old vent and bringing it through the studs in the back wall. Planning to connect to a sanitary tee ~14" from the floor. Then the drain would go horizontal about 3'. (in red). Then connect to a long sweep 90 and then back to the drain from the prior plumbing.

My real question is whether I need a long sweep 90 for the first 3' horizontal run. I would do that but I cannot keep 1/4" slope due to a floor joist directly under that back wall. I can keep 1/4" with a standard 90.

I am having a hard time finding a definitive answer on whether a long sweep 90 is required in all situations. My prior plumbing did NOT have one. Apologies if this has been answered on prior questions. Any help would be appreciated. I will be installing a garbage disposal if that helps the discussion.

thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• New_back_wall.jpg
    New_back_wall.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 127

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
From vertical to horizontal a long sweep 90 or two 45's
Horizontal to horizontal a long 90
From horizontal to vertical a medium 90 is fine.
The revent is six inches above the flood level of the sink, 42"
You need a 2" cleanout for the sink which can have a 1.5" trap and arm

I've seen some use medium 90 where I would not. You don't have to show me pictures. :)
You can though.

pbj

Reaction score
From vertical to horizontal a long sweep 90 or two 45's
Horizontal to horizontal a long 90
From horizontal to vertical a medium 90 is fine.
The revent is six inches above the flood level of the sink, 42"
You need a 2" cleanout for the sink which can have a 1.5" trap and arm

I've seen some use medium 90 where I would not. You don't have to show me pictures. :)
You can though.
Very cool! Thank you. I think I can get those 45s to work. Really trying to keep everything in the wall since the last conig was a cluster F!

So basically this?

https://www.finehomebuilding.com/ap...mebuilding/departments/021181bs116-01_xlg.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks