Kitchen leak behind wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Nadia25

Reaction score
So here is my problem about a week ago my sink ( i do have a garbage disposal )started to get clogged and I noticed the water started coming out from under the dishwasher.. I had my brother in law come check it out and he discovered there's some type of leak in a pipe that goes from behind a concrete wall. Now I need to get the sink unclogged first and find a way to knock a part of my wall down so the pipe can get fixed. I do not have the money to hire a plumber and my bil is out of town any ideas on how to unclog my sink or any suggestions on what I should do or call to get everything fixed.

Nadia25

Reaction score
The water is suppose to be off from under the sink but its still leaking as you can see the pipe goes behind the wall to outside

1499446974450276914930.jpg
14994470914572061268988.jpg

Attachments

• 14994472076601314472517.jpg
    14994472076601314472517.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,074
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The black pipe is the drain. ABS 1-1/2" pipe into a male fitting, threaded into a galvanized tee.
Where is it leaking on that pipe?

If the faucet is leaking from underneath, it could be that it needs a new stem, cartridge or washer. I can't tell the brand on that.
Normally you have shutoffs under the sink to isolate the faucet.

Nadia25

Reaction score
The faucet is not leaking from underneath the sink.. And we cant see exactly where its leaking from because the wall is in the way. I was told to have the sink unclog first but a plunger doesn't seem to work and if I run the water it all drains under the dishwasher to my kitchen floor and through a small hole outside.

MKS

Reaction score
Maybe a picture of the plumbing under the sink. There is a inspection cover at the front bottom of the dishwasher usually a couple of screws. May be able to see something there with a flashlight.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks