Kitchen Island Plumbing Ideas Help

Users who are viewing this thread

tim griffin

Reaction score
island plumbing plan.gif

We were sort of forced into an early kitchen remodel (years before we were ready) and I need some help on plumbing our island. Ahem I thought I had this all worked out in my head but now I'm a bit unsure. The house sits on a foundation with a crawlspace with a 3" drain about 10 feet in front of the island, I can't see any way to get a vent over and up a wall to tie in to the roof vent so I'm going to check this afternoon to see if code allows one of those air admittance valves in my area. Anyway in the island we will have a 60/40 sink with 60 with disposal on left/40 on right and to the right of that a dishwasher.

My thoughts are connect to the 3" drain with 2" to run over to the island. Now should I put a cleanout in the crawlspace just before I turn up to go to the island above using a wye and 45, OR use a long radius 90 for the turn and put a cleanout in the island?

In those thoughts should I bring the 2" thru the floor to the island in the deadspace behind the sink cabinet where there is a bit more room? OR directly into the sink cabinet? This deadspace is appx 12" deep and runs the full width of the island and well, its just deadspace, as far as accessibility, it won't be readily accessible once the trim pieces are put on and would require cutting trim etc etc....put for now I have access...

I am pretty handy as most of this remodel I have done myself, just need to make sure I'm not stepping on my toes here. I'm attaching a pdf of our layout. i'll attach more later as I work it up but certainly open to ideas to make this as clean and neat of installation as possible.

thank you
tim

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would use a long turn 90 in the crawl and have a 2" cleanout accessible in the cabinet below the sink.
If you can use the AAV there, that would be the easiest fix.
The drain for the sink can also be exposed in the cabinet. Choices.

tim griffin

Reaction score
I wasn't sure of any drawbacks or advantages of either method and that did seem to me to look like the best so I will go with that option and continue my plan from there bringing it up in the dead space behind the sink. ty

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks