Kitchen Island Loop Plumbing Diagram

Users who are viewing this thread

royalto3rd

Reaction score
Hi,
New member here. I'm doing a kitchen remodel and removing a wall that housed a vent for the sink, dw, disposal...and need to create an Island Loop. There's an adjacent vent nearby that is also used for a washing machine standpipe. My question is, will the plumbing be to code if made per the attached drawing? Thanks for any comments!
Al

Attachments

• Island Loop Drawing.jpg
    Island Loop Drawing.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 296

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The island vent needs to stay a vent. You can tie that in at 42" above the floor. So at the washer, you have one pipe going down as a vent and one going down as the waste for the washer, tied together at 6" above the washer standpipe or 42".

royalto3rd

Reaction score
The island vent needs to stay a vent. You can tie that in at 42" above the floor. So at the washer, you have one pipe going down as a vent and one going down as the waste for the washer, tied together at 6" above the washer standpipe or 42".
Thank You!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks