Kitchen Faucet Shuts Self off at Low Flow

Users who are viewing this thread

jplaplante

Civil Engineer
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

We have a Price Pfister Genesis series kitchen faucet - single handle model that was recently installed by our plumber as part of our kitchen renovation. All of the plumbing to the faucet is new, and the faucet itself is new.

We have noticed that at low flow, gravity seems to cause the faucet handle to drop down and shut off the water without any intervention by us. This is really annoying, as you might imagine. Not a problem at higher flow.

My quick read on the PP website suggested changing the cartridge. I cannot believe that this would be necessary with the faucet only being a few months old. Is this possible?

Alternatively, is there another adjustment we can make so the handle behaves itself?

Or did we just by a crappy faucet and need to replace it?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

-John

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Go back and look at the literature that came with your faucet and call the 800 number listed there. They will probably will send you a new part........

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks