Kitchen faucet no hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

Okami

Reaction score
Hello

After installing (might be coincidental) a new dish washer my sink in the kitchen seems to not have any hot water pressure at all. A trickle at best.

I’ve tried replacing the shut off valve ( was actually broken) and blasting condensed air and water through the hose to the sink with no luck.

I’m taking apart the faucet (one handle pull down one) to get to the the valve inside it but I can’t get the darn cap on top of it after initially taking the handle off .. off.

Any pointers? Could it be something else other than that valve? Rest of house including dishwasher which is on the same pipe just a little before the sink hot water valve is getting hot water

Reach4

Reaction score
Temporarily reversing the hot and cold supply lines could be used as a troubleshooting technique.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes the bits of rubber from the hot stop wind up in the faucet. Sometimes you can unhook the hot supply and point it into a bucket, and then try forcing water from the cold side to purge the valve workings.

Okami

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’ve tried those with no luck unfortunately.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks guys. I’ve tried those with no luck unfortunately.

I did replace a very nice faucet when we couldn't get the hot side flowing again.
So often, the hot side stop needs replacing before a new faucet goes in. It's why I like 1/4 turn stops and not the multi-turns.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks