Kitchen Faucet Moen 7730 - how to remove handle

Users who are viewing this thread

nastychild

Reaction score
Hello,
I am sorry if this has been answered before, but I searched the forum and couldn't find what I am looking for.

My kitchen faucet was dripping and decided to fix it. After a few minutes research I learned that I have to remove the handle using allan wrench in order to replace the cartridge. The problem is that after I removed the cap piece, none of my allan wrenches fit. I have US set. Took a flashlight and had a look at this pin, but I don't actually see the six sides in this pin where the wrench should fit. Actually it looks circular.

I called Moen today, but the waiting time was 2 hours, so I hung up. Could it be that they are using metric wrenches or it is special tool to unscrew this pin. My other idea is to drill out the pin,but I am not sure that I will be able to succeed. I don;t want to buy a new 4 hole faucet, because I can not remove the handle.

Thank you in advance.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
screw

That probably is a metric allen screw, but if you have rounded it out, you will either have to drill it out, or break the handle off and get a new one.

spinfire

Reaction score
Moen Faucet... Same problem

Nastychild,

Did you ever get your handle figured out? I am having the same problem? I have tried my allan wrenches, but the "screw" looks circular and I can't get the handle off. If you could let me know what tool to use, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you much!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks