Kitchen Faucet Located Close to Wall/Backsplash

Users who are viewing this thread

moeronn

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the remodel forum, but since it is an existing condition I'll start here.

I'm looking at a house where the kitchen faucet is installed very close to the backsplash/wall. It is so close that the handles and the base are nearly flush against the wall.

The faucet is similar in style to this one.

canvas.tif

Are there any potential issues with this other than it might be difficult to replace (or turn on and off. ;) )?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

As long as it has lever handles, AND is a ceramic seat faucet with 1/4 turn operation, there should be no problems. IF it is not ceramic, but uses rubber washers, you WILL have a problem when they start to wear and the handles start shutting off closer and closer to the backsplash.

moeronn

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The faucet does have quarter turn handles, but I'm not sure if the washers are ceramic or rubber and probably wouldn't find out until something starts leaking. The main downside is that options for replacement will be fairly limited because of the tight fit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks