Kitchen faucet - bending copper supply tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Optiker

Reaction score
I posted a few days ago regarding the Moen kitchen faucet I bought for my new kitchen sink. Now that I am about ready to install the sink and faucet, I see that the copper supply tubes are bent at a 90-deg angle towards the front. The sink has a larger left tub than the right tub, and the left tub extends further to the back so that the faucet installs offset to the right so that the faucet supply tubes are not aligned with the divider between tubs. That means that the faucet cannot be installed with the tubes bent forward. I need the tubes to be bent straight down to be able to install the faucet.

I know that the tubes can be bent, but also that it is easy enough to kink them when bending. Any tips for bending without kinking?

Thanks!
Optiker

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
They come bent just so it will fit in a box. It is expected that you will bend them out. Usually it is easy to do ...carefully....but you could pick up a spring bender to make sure.

Optiker

Reaction score
That makes sense! I don't know what a spring bender is, but if it's what it sounds like, I think I can picture it. I can probably find or borrow one.

Thanks again!

Optiker

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Don't worry about the spring bender. It won't fit over the threaded portion of the tube.

Optiker

Reaction score
Redwood...right. After I gave it some thought, I realized that. I tend to think through projects and visualize each step looking for "gotchas" and then think through solutions and backup solutions before I start. That's why this simple project has had four threads in this forum! :) Four threads in spite of the fact I've done all of this before. and I'm a long time do-it-yourselfer...it's been a while since the last countertop, sink, faucet. Of course, that's why it takes me forever to complete projects, and those that aren't critical sometimes never get done other than in my mind! :)

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking.
Optiker

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks