Kitchen Drain Clogging Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Amandeep Singh

Reaction score
Website
www.aluids.com
Kitchen plumbing is very crucial for every home. I love my kitchen but last week my kitchen drain stuck. My kitchen sink gets overflowing. Due to the weekend, I did not find any plumber. I realized the reason behind this, which is the drain pipe is small and the water flow of our sink faucet is really high. That's why some large amounts of waste cannot pass through the sink drain and stuck in the drain pipe. My friend also suggests me some solutions like replacing the sink faucet with a pre-rinse because it's also helpful to clean the sink after cleaning the pitcher. I don't know! what to do. I also see some kitchen accessories online stores. But I am confused yet.

Caliber_Plumbing

Reaction score
You can change the faucet, or control the water flow. Check what happens when you lower the water flow through the sink. Also, you can use a sink strainer basket, so that no waste can accumulate in the drain pipe.

Amandeep Singh

Reaction score
Website
www.aluids.com
You can change the faucet, or control the water flow. Check what happens when you lower the water flow through the sink. Also, you can use a sink strainer basket, so that no waste can accumulate in the drain pipe.
Hey, thanks caliber_ Plumbing. I will definitely follow your advice. to clean the drain I also have this drain valve.

Attachments

• Untitled design.pdf
    11.5 KB · Views: 81

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Most decent plumbers would install a isolation valve for each fixture and many of these valves are globe valves which are designed for throttling volume.

Rather then replacing the faucet why not shut the hot and cold water valves to lower the volume being used and consider a flow restrictor in the valve aerator

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks