Kitchen disposal banging

Users who are viewing this thread

Higgledy

Reaction score
My disposal is making a loud bang when running. There is nothing in it. I felt down with my hand and used a flashlight just to see if any thing was obvious. This disposal’s age is at least 6 years old. Here is a short video. It sounds like I’m grinding metal nuts.

Although the sink states it’s an insinkerator, I don’t think it’s a brand name unit. Usually when these go bad the just seize. Thanks for looking.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There is something in there. When the blades are free to spin out it's fairly quiet. They're bouncing on something. Sometimes it's something very thin between the outer case and the inter turntable that spins. The blades reach out and get bounced.

Higgledy

Reaction score
There is something in there. When the blades are free to spin out it's fairly quiet. They're bouncing on something. Sometimes it's something very thin between the outer case and the inter turntable that spins. The blades reach out and get bounced.

Are you saying it could be something underneath what I see from the top? Cuz I really don’t see anything when I look inside

Higgledy

Reaction score
I found it! It was a tiny screw that was the same color as the blades and it could fit between the blades and the wall. I had to use a vacuum to get it out. Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks