Kitchen Backsplash

Users who are viewing this thread

Kathy Kopfhammer

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere online and have been to every tile store in my area. I am not finding the right backsplash that will go with my counter and is easy to clean. My countertop is sort of a dark brown, but is kind of a funny color. It was sort of lavender before it was sealed, so it's not exactly brown and it has a hint of purplish pinkish in areas in certain light. It is also very busy, as you can see in the photos. The photos are a bit dark. There is actually a bit more natural light from the windows.

I am hoping someone may have an idea of an exact backsplash that would look good with the countertop.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Attachments

• 20190828_082515.jpg
    20190828_082515.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 20190828_082536.jpg
    20190828_082536.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 20190828_083218.jpg
    20190828_083218.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 20190828_081405.jpg
    20190828_081405.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 20170730_154153.jpg
    20170730_154153.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 185
  • counter.jpg
    counter.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
Well, I was going to be obnoxious and suggest actual tree bark, but lo and behold, there are wood look bark tiles. Or, you could use real bark. Lots of colors and textures. Right outside your door. :)

Reach4

Reaction score
How about paint covered with glass at the appropriate areas? Very easy to wipe clean.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
How high up do you want your backsplash? ALl the way to the bottom of the upper cabinets?

I ended up using stone tile on the wall as my backsplash, but it was only 12" tall. I could have made it higher, but chose not to. The stone fabricator where you got your counters may be able to come up with a close match, but that's not necessarily easy. If you decide to go with stone tile, you can either do a bull-nose on the exposed edges, or use a profile. Check www.schluter.com for profiles that may go with your decor. Some stone tile can be had in quite large sizes.

Kathy Kopfhammer

Reaction score
I obviously need something that goes with a very busy dark brown(sort of brown) countertop. Anything busy won't go, but I don't like completely solid color. My husband likes slate or copper. Slate is too dark and copper color won't go since countertop is a funny color. I was looking at tumbled marble(2x4). I love that it is slightly tumbled and I like the off white color of it with white veining, but it has beige in it that will not go with the counters. I've looked at other colors of it, but nothing seems to work with the counter. I've also heard marble can be hard to keep clean and looking good even if it is sealed. I've been looking for something off white with white veining and possibly slightly tumbled, but I can't find anything. Any color veining other than white makes the tile too busy for countertop. The backsplash doesn't have to be off white if I could find another color that would work, but no other color seems to go with the countertop.

I was hoping for suggestions(possibly photos) of something that isn't busy and would really go with the countertop.
Any other suggestions of an exact backsplash to look at would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks