Kinetico R50 system issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Snifferpro

Reaction score
I have a Kinetico dual tank R50 Water softener. I've noticed that my water doesn't appear soft anymore especially from the shower.

I did a manual regen twice and then did a hardness test using Hach test strips after letting the water run for a few minutes. The first test from the cold tap showed soft water. A day later another test showed the water as hard. I can definitely notice a difference when using the shower.

Salt levels in the brine tank do not appear to be going down.

I had a similar situation about 6 years ago and Kinetico replaced both resin tanks and the system was back in operating condition. When they inspected the tanks, one was completely empty of resin beads. The other was fine. The tank that had no resin apparantly had a defective screen at the bottom where it drws water.
I suspect a similar situation again.

Why would a resin tank lose all its resin?

How long should the resin tanks last?

How do I tell which tank is currently in use providing soft water?

How many gallons of water use causes a regen process?

My average water use is 4000 gallons a month.
I used to hear the regen process occassionaly occurring, but recently I have not heard an automatic regen process.

Any insight and suggestions would be very helpful before contacting Kinetico.
Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks