Kinetico problem's

Users who are viewing this thread

dwl

Reaction score
I have a 19 year old model 100 system (white tanks). I'm getting rusty water from both tanks. I have emptyed the brine tank of salt and cleaned the brine tank. I have also mixed res-up in a bucket with the brine pickup valve and cycled it through both tanks. Water was pulled in and bucket refilled but has not helped the rusty water problem. There is rusty water around the gear in the sight cover, so much that you can't see the pawl's. I'm wanting to take the head apart and check for a plugged hole or stuck valve or maybe a stripped turbine gear that I've heard of on these forums. I had it apart about 10 years ago when 1 tank stopped regenerating and found a rust flack in one of the pin holes, but I can't remember how it came apart. Should I remove it from the tank or just disassemble it on the tank. I was worried the pickup tube might come up with the head and let resin under it. Does anyone have a parts break down of this head or some pictures of what I need to look for and where I can buy parts. Also should the resin media be changed after 19 years of service on well water? Thanks Dennis

dwl

Reaction score
I haven't had the water tested recently but when it was tested the hardness was, 21 GPG, Iron 7 PPM, sulpher 1.0. That was all that was tested. Yes I'm getting a lot of orange rust in the toilets and sinks, the water turns orange within minutes. If I take the head completly off the tank, how do I keep the riser tube from coming up with the head. Any suggestions on what might be wrong and what to look for. Do know what kind and amount of resin media I need and does it use a gravel bed. Dennis

dwl

Reaction score
Before I get started yes, there is a 5 micron prefilter that I change every month or two. Moving on, I took the head apart today and found a lot of rust stains and a little bit of rusty buildup, but none of the holes seemed to be plugged. I found no stripped gears and none of the pawl's or springs where broken. There were no cut orings and the valves moved freely, I'm at a lose on why this thing doesn't work. I'm Going to soak the parts in water with ironout and then reassemble the head. I called the Kinetico dealer today to see about new resin to re-bed my tanks they asked me if I was planning to do it myself and when I told them yes they said that the resin was $235 per cubic foot and I needed three. If they didn't want to sell it to me they should have just said so. Can anyone tell me how far above the brine grate the water level should be for 1.5 cubic foot tanks with 21 GPG hardness and 7 PPM iron. I'm wondering if it is not getting enough salt to clean the tanks. Dennis

dwl

Reaction score
The disk on top is white with a orange ring and the disk is a number 4. I don't think the water level has ever been above the grid plate the water ring on the tank is about 1/2" below grid. Every time I have let the salt ran out the water level has never been showing above the grid. Maybe this is my problem and the resin just finally got so plugged with rust it quit. Dennis

dwl

Reaction score
The grid I have has 4 - 3"Dia. feet that allow salt in them. the grid sets 7" above the bottom of the tank and the tank is 18" x 36". The float valve has a white plastic cone shaped float. The dealer has the tabs removed down to the letter M and the float set on the third of four lines up from the bottom which made the water level about 6 1/2" in the tank. I have raised the water level to 1" above the grid but it seems to be desolving a lot of salt. Dennis

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Glad I was able help and that you got all that info. Let me know if you have further questions.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
I think your post is off topic because he was asking for help and you didn't help because you didn't reply to him saying:
Originally Posted by dwl
The dealer has the tabs removed down to the letter M and the float set on the third of four lines up from the bottom which made the water level about 6 1/2" in the tank. I have raised the water level to 1" above the grid but it seems to be desolving a lot of salt. Dennis

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Obviously you intend to miss the point.

I'm just saying... you didn't answer his question or address the statement he made about the dealer breaking off the tabs.

You left the thread hang unanswered for 13 days.

Then you replied off topic with worthless information saying you hoped he got the info and that he could contact you again.

You didn't provide him any information, 13 days after he asked for more info.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks