Kinetico Model 60 not automatically regenerating

Users who are viewing this thread

noone

Reaction score
I just put a Kinetico Model 60 back in service a week ago by manually regenerating both tanks. The age of the unit is unknown, but we bought the house in 2011 and the house was built in 1996. I had soft water for about a week and things were working great until yesterday when the water starting feeling hard again. After I manually regenerated, I again had soft water.

So there appears to be something wrong with the auto-regen process as it seems to be stuck in service-only mode.

I checked the softener and the meter disc appears to be running fine- The meter pawl clicks into the next position on the gear when the water runs for about 13 gallons.

I read that the cause of this may be because the control gear may be missing a tooth or the regeneration start pawl may be damaged.

Does the attached photo of my regeneration start pawl look damaged? Any Kinetico experts out there?

Thanks for any help......

noone

Reaction score
I can buy parts from the counter here. I have the manuals too which directed me to this question. I just was hoping someone with Kinetico experience could tell me if my regen start pawl in the pic is broken or if that is how it normally looks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks