Kinetico Model 50 Regeneration Incompete

Users who are viewing this thread

bgtindell

Reaction score
My model 50 is 16 years old and it has had a consistent problem with an incomplete regeneration. I have taken the control assembly apart and looked it over carefully with a magnifying glass and did not notice anything. Water drips out of the discharge tube, either a drip or small stream. If I take a screwdriver and advance the manual portion one click, it stops leaking. It acts like it just does not have the pressure ir something to make that last click. Any ideas on the problem here?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I may have the manual for that unit but I will be travelling to the TWQA trade show next week so I wont be at my office computer to check. Shoot me an email Friday, I should be back by then and I can email you the manual if I can find it. You can usually keep a model 50 running for another 10-15 years without a problem. Sourcing parts can be difficult since Kinetico doesn't really want the parts being sold online.

allan@impactwaterproducts.com

IowaTornado

Reaction score
Did you get your unit running?
I have the same model 50 with #3 disk. It's 25 years old and has worked great. Only two issues over the years:
1. The main water turbine splines wore out after just a couple of years. I've seen others had that problem. The local Kinetico dealer gave me a replacement off a cutaway display unit.
2. About four years ago it stopped regenerating. There was no suction in the brine tank hose. I took the head apart and clean it and found there was a check ball missing (I think in Level 6). I cleaned the brine tank. It was amazing how much dirt accumulated from the 99.9% "pure" salt after 25 years.
It's worked fine since.
To your problem. Recently, my unit will leak a stream of soft water out the drain tube after regeneration when the control disc indicator ends at the 6 o'clock position, ONLY. Like you if I manually advance a click or two it stops draining. It doesn't leak at the 12 o'clock position.

I'm betting it's the control disc, but haven't disassembled to investigate.

Bannerman

Reaction score
IowaTornado, if you are expecting an answer from bgtindell, you will likely be waiting a very long time.

If you click on his name to view his profile, you will see the last time he visited any of the Love forums was July 21, 2017.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks