Kinetico Model 30 won't stop draining...

Users who are viewing this thread

Parrontof3

Reaction score
Hello... we bought this house about 3 years ago... came w/Kinetico Model 30 water software... it had been running fine until recently... we noticed that we can always hear water draining from the unit into the house drain. I pulled apart the brine tank valve & made sure that's alright & then tried a manual regeneration (followed a previously posted thread in here).. it goes through all the stages ok, but now it's back in service & I can still hear water draining <sigh> Should I go through the second regeneration (is a two tank system) and would that possible help? Can anyone tell me what I need to do next? I'm willing to tear it apart, but of course, no manuals or parts lists came with it when we bought the house... who knows.

Thx..

Cols

Reach4

Reaction score
You hear but do not see. Make sure that is not something else generating the sound. Ok, long shot.

I expect you are correct that water is coming out of the drain hose, and it will take a rebuild (new seals or whatever) to get it going. I hope somebody is able to help you get a manual.

Parrontof3

Reaction score
Actually, yeah. . I can see it draining. .. I took the drain hose out of the drainpipe and could see it running out the hose. . I did end up running the second regeneration and it has stopped now. But it was draining all day yesterday and who knows how long before that before we noticed it... the seals will probably need to be replaced as you say. ..
I would love to find a parts list for the softener . It looks like a good solid unit and probably just needs some attention.. I can do the work. . Not afraid of it, but hard without a parts list or manual. Thanks..

Reach4

Reaction score
Is the dripping water hard or soft? Click Inbox above.

Bannerman

Reaction score
I've performed numerous 'G' searches for a Service Manual for a model 30 or model 60. Although initially promissing, most of the links turned out to be duds.

Shown below is a link to an Owners Manual which maybe of interest. It lists the contact info for various Kinetico offices which maybe usefull to request a service manual directly if online sources cannot be located.

Already downloaded to my tablet is another manual which appears I will need to forward via a private conversation as the PDF file is too large to attach to this thread.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...KvwTFc6E52opl3BJw&sig2=Nb965AA_sT9rrm4oV357fA

Last edited:

Parrontof3

Reaction score
Thanks to all who provided reading material links for me...

In one particular link, page 29 gave me something I wouldn't have thought of (but probably should have)... When I was cleaning out the salt tank valve, we also pulled the pre-filter... and replaced it with a new one. One of the troubleshooting tips was low water pressure will cause draining problems.... The filter was ugly & hadn't been changed probably since we moved in (our bad). The water pressure wasn't in the house wasn't horrible, but is noticeably better now... So I'm guessing it wasn't anything I did cleaning the salt tank valve, but replacing the pre-filter *lol*.

Am still going to keep a close eye on it for a while... But I'm thinking(hoping) that the dirty pre-filter was the root of all evil this time...

Cols

Reach4

Reaction score
Whenever you handle rubber seals or rings, I would lightly lube with silicone grease. I have a tube of Molykote 111. Others use thinner grease. I think the theory is that the lube lets the seal slide a bit to better conform to seat better and not get hung up on micro imperfections.

A little goes a long way, so my 5.3 oz (150 gram) tube will last me for years.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks