Kinetico Mach Series Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian Wilkie

Reaction score
Hi all -

Well, I too bought a house 8 years ago that the original owner was suckered into buying a Kinetico system. My filter cartidge housing is leaking now after each cartridge replacement so I clearly need to replace the o-ring (x-ring?).

Question 1: Is is in fact an o-ring that has flattened out over time OR is it an x-ring? It looks very much like an x-ring but I want to replace it with the like part.
Questions 2: Because Kinetico is apparently the water system Mafia, not selling parts directly to homeowners, where can I find and purchase an industrial o-ring/x-ring that is the proper dimensions and material?

Thanks for reading and any help appreciated!

B

Bannerman

Reaction score
While K offer high quality components and systems, the closed and proprietary nature of their dealer network is the main reason their equipment is rarely recommended on this forum.

It is likely the only source for a seal for your cartridge housing will be from their dealer network. To prevent being forced to pay excessive prices for proprietary components and parts if they do agree to sell to you, it may be less expensive to replace the cartridge housing with a quality unit in which replacement parts will be redily available such a Pentek unit manufactured by Pentair.

Old

Reaction score
Take the o-ring and the housing with you to Grainger or Fastenal, they should be able to match one up for you

GoWater

Reaction score
Yes, it is the O-ring that needs to be replaced. However, it will only leak initially when you change the filter, once it is under pressure it will stop.
Yes, Kinetico's are proprietary. They are also the BEST, and their systems are patented (just like Apple or Tesla or anyone else who has created a superior product).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks