Kinetico K50 control disc not moving

Users who are viewing this thread

Kokomoarnold

Reaction score
I've checked everything, not sure about the float, though I have no reason to think it's not working. I've looked at the pawls, they don't look like anything's wrong with them, but I guess I could be wrong. I've installed new control valve and seal and drain valves and seals. I can see the one pawl moving up and down, but the disc and black dot don't move.

Unit is metering.

Draw is good on both tanks.

Checked level 1 gears, fine as far as I can tell.

Including a pic with meter disc removed just for reference.

Should I replace all the pawls anyway?

Anything else it could be?

How long is regen time on a k50? 10 minutes?

Attachments

• 20170805_170432.jpg
    20170805_170432.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,321

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Run water in the house and watch the no back pawl. You should be able to see it ride up one tooth and drop into the slot of the next tooth. The meter drive pawl has a spring to assist it. The spring must in place to work properly. I can not tell from the photo. The is a slot on the opposite side of the teeth that the spring sits in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks