Kinetico Float Adjustment

Users who are viewing this thread

Drewsonian

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently moved my Kinetico Model 60 softener as a part of remodeling my basement. It was working well before the move. However, I think I may have inadvertently changed the float height setting because after moving the softener, we are now running out of soft water just before each regeneration cycle starts. I've found a few manuals online that describe letter based settings like D/G/H/J, but my brine well does not have "tabs" like most of these describe and no letters at all. There is a grid in the bottom of the tank. There are slots on the sides of the brine well, but the only adjustment that I can find are lines on the float cup assembly rod. Is there a measurement or one of these lines that I should be making sure that the float cup is set to? Also, do these lines correspond with the salt dosage? I've also considered changing out the disc (currently have a #5), but I want to get the float setting right to see if that changes anything.

Thanks for your help!
Drew

GoWater

Reaction score
The lines do correspond with the salt dosage.
Attach a picture of the float assembly and I can help you.

Brad Mich

Reaction score
The lines do correspond with the salt dosage.
Attach a picture of the float assembly and I can help you.
Hi Go Water!

Have a question if you don’t mind? I purchased and never adjusted the new brine tank “Adjuster Tube Setting” or “Float Cup” setting. I have a Model 60 with #7 disc and a 36”x18” Brine tank.

Do you happen to know what “Letter” is should set for the Adjuster Tube…and what “Height” I should set for the Cup?

Will be truly appreciated!

Thanks- Mark

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
Hi Go Water!

Have a question if you don’t mind? I purchased and never adjusted the new brine tank “Adjuster Tube Setting” or “Float Cup” setting. I have a Model 60 with #7 disc and a 36”x18” Brine tank.

Do you happen to know what “Letter” is should set for the Adjuster Tube…and what “Height” I should set for the Cup?

Will be truly appreciated!

Thanks- Mark
You need to test your water hardness with a Hach Kit 5-B. Dont waste any time or money on strips.. The kit is very accurate. That will determine if the Disc Setting is correct. If so there should be a corresponding float cup setting for the amount of salt needed per the disc and Hardness
Model 60 Kinetico Salt.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks