Kenmore Ultrasoft 200 water softener torubleshooting

Users who are viewing this thread

shahriar

Reaction score
My water softener Kenmore Ultrasoft 200 has a few problems:

1) Water leaking out of the back overfill nozzle ( OK, ...I fixed that by re-attaching the black brine tubing which threads up from inside of the tank to the Nozzle Assembly). Now, no more leaks.

2) Water about 3-4 inches over the salt inside of the main tank ( dont know how that happened in the first place) and now, how do I purge that water out, before I can dig all the salt out.

3) We have hard water now, no soft water.

4) I checked the nozzle assembly, took out the flow valve (I was told to do so), put the filter screen back properly. I did a 're-charge' cycle several times....I hear pump running, water flowing ( but the brine well doesnt fill up with water - should it ?)

5) What is the next step ?

Last edited:

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If you go onto the Sears/Kenmore web site there is a whole animated troubleshooting thing there that will take you through their product step by step.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks