Kenmore Ultra0Soft 200 or 250 Shutting house water off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What, you don't want to back off the crack pipe?

How about fight this out in private messages...my personal feeling is most of this is nit-picking, and not reading the intent of a post, rather than exactly what is said. Often, there is more than one way to view an answer...you just seem to have to always take it different than was meant.

There is good info coming from both sides...but, negativity does not help anyone.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yes indeed that would be the logical, professional and courteous way to go about things but unfortunately, certain individuals would rather argue with everyone and anyone that might have a differing opinion, experience or point of view, including quite often the OP, but short of everyone leaving or kissing this certain persons butt there seems to be no solution to the problem. After all, how do you argue with "God" :)

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Yes indeed that would be the logical, professional and courteous way to go about things
Then why don't you do that instead of all the personal name calling attacks?

but unfortunately, certain individuals would rather argue with everyone and anyone that might have a differing opinion, experience or point of view, including quite often the OP, but short of everyone leaving or kissing this certain persons butt there seems to be no solution to the problem. After all, how do you argue with "God" :)
You make the decision to type what you type, no one else does that for you.

Sizing and programming a water softener is done with very simple math. Not opinions or points of view.

The math and formula used are both very simple.

I have used both for many years and have the formula and examples of the math used on my web site for anyone to use. Or, you or anyone else can prove me wrong using resin manufacturers' data instead of as you say, opinions and differing points of view.

Here in this and other forums, with the exception of the constant SFR sizing of a softener, Bob999 uses the formula and math. He is the only one that does. And you don't see me saying anything about the K of capacity or salt dose he suggests. IOWs, there's no argument because he is right; he's looked it up and not stating an opinion.

You and others here don't use the formula but then you don't size for anyone. You post about me and rarely say anything more than a short sentence to the OP if that; it's all about me and what I say and how I say it etc. etc..

The point is that using math and proving your point by backing it up with resin manufacturers' data etc. isn't arguing unless you don't understand how to use the manufacturers' data or spec sheets.

BTW, I support no PMs here or on other forums because no one else can learn from a PM except the recipient and if you can't say something in public, I don't think it belongs in a PM either.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Many many times math has been used here and on other threads and you have disputed it. Even when the math comes from engineers with degrees in such things so I see little point in arguing "math" Many times the point has been backed up using the manufacturers data and you manage to dispute that also. In other words its a no win situation unless we all agree with you which we don't always. As for PM's, are we to believe that you have never PM'd anyone else here ore elswhere? The PM feature is a convieniance not a necessity.

And to set the record straight here it was you that began the name calling with the "alcoholic beverage" comment but then, when I go back through the threads, 90% of the time it is you that starts the name calling and arguing.

Chevy427

Reaction score
Say WHAT!!

Man you're getting emotional again.... Step away from the adult beverages earlier in the evening and then get more sleep and I promise you'll feel better.

I am having a hard time understanding why Gary Slusser needs to make rude personal remarks about other members. I don't think personal attacks help anyone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks