Kenmore Fridge Ice Maker Not Freezing

Users who are viewing this thread

Wneikrie

Reaction score
Hi! I have a Kenmore 795.78409.801 fridge and the ice maker has stopped freezing ice. Both the fridge and the freezer are maintaining proper temps, but the cold plate in the ice maker compartment is warm to the touch. I have no water flow issues... I turned off the ice maker all night and am now waiting to see if turning it back on has inspired it to start up again.

Thanx!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is it possibly stuck on the defrost/release ice mode? Do you have the manual that came with it? That often has a troubleshooting section in it. On some, once it has frozen the ice, it then warms the edge so it releases cleanly, then turns back off so it can make more ice.

Jm66208

Reaction score
I put ice makers in the same category as disposers. Just not a repairable item. Look by the serial number & see if you can see something that reads like: Icemaker kit: IM501. Google it & you should be able to find one for around $50. I've used both the oem replacement ($200) & the no name brands & don't see a difference in longevity. Takes about 10 minutes to install.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks