Kenmore 300 series replacement drain tube

Users who are viewing this thread

Guavazo

Reaction score
Hi All

Looking for some advice that I thinking to replace the old Kenmore 300 water softener the house come with, it had stopped working recently, and so far, I had replace the venturi, the float tube, and have the disk and rotor coming next week try to get it fixed. if the last attempt doesn't work I'm thinking replace the whole unit to something newer as the system is petty old at this time.

my question is that I see most of the system recommend to have the drain pipe (black one in the picture) connect down to gravity fee to the drain. however, I see my current system have it connect it to a back flow preventer and up into the wall (please see picture below).
WS_SETUP.jpg

I have read that the water pressure from the main will take care of it to push it upward. but I would like to know if its okay just to replace to a modern day system and connect everything as is.

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
The drain is pressurized, so should be able to go up hill some. 10 ft should be easy if the water pressure is 35 psi or more.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks