Keeping DHW on, but Radiators off - NAVIEN

Users who are viewing this thread

theMezz

Reaction score
I have a Navien all in one,,,

I am starting in a bathroom and want to physically remove one water heat radiator for 2 weeks.

How do I shut down the unit, but LEAVE the Domestic hot Water ON

Is it ok, to just turn the heating water isolation valves to off, disconnect the radiator - disconnect the house thermostat - but leave the Navien ON so we have Domestic Hot Water?

Thanks!

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Yes that should be fine if the plumbing is done the normal way. I'd pull the thermostat so you don't dead head your pump. Probably want to drain down the the system to below the radiator before you pull it.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Your plan to disconnect the thermostat and isolate the loop with valves should work. Don't drain the system unless you absolutely have to. I believe the static pressure on the heating side of Navien combi boilers needs to be at least 12 psi for it to fire up at all. When you pull the radiator either cap off valve isolate the missing radiator section and check that the pressurize the heating system side is still running 12 psi (30 max, but 15 psi is enough for most residential systems) and add water if necessary.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks