Keeney "Foot Lok" removal for cleaning

Users who are viewing this thread

RustyPipes

In the Trades
Reaction score
The tub is holding water and the drain is open. Twisting, pulling everything short of prying is not removing the open stopper. What is the secret to removing the stopper? The Keeney site has installation instructions but no user help. It was so simple to do when it was new, but not since the brain cells went on vacation...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yea trying to think myself...
I usually have to refresh the brain every time...

Have you tried unscrewing it while it was in the closed position?

RustyPipes

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yepper, we tried that and it did not work...Both the wife & I think that it was easy to remove when it was first installed, but now we don't remember how to do it...

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
As far as I can see, it just unscrews. Possibly the chrome top has come loose from the plug and is turning without rotating the drain plug itself.

RustyPipes

In the Trades
Reaction score
Where are you looking at it? Can you send a link?

Ours does not turn at all. It just pops up when "open" is pressed and down when "close" is pressed. If, when it is open the edge by "open" is pulled up, it tilts.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, but he is saying when you try to turn it to unscrew the stopper, the top may be spinning but not the rest, which keeps it from unscrewing.

RustyPipes

In the Trades
Reaction score
`Thanks for all the advice.

Lowes was nice enough to let me look at the drain cap. As hj said it just unscrews. However, if it is corroded it does not. After applying some PB blaster and a strap wrench it came loose. Now for the soap scum and hair...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks