Katalox-Light or Filox Regeneration with an Oxidant Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Bdiggs

Reaction score
Hello again! Being on a well system I just can't seem to stay away from this forum. Thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge.

I was wondering if I could tap you guys for some information on regenerating Manganese Dioxide medias with a regenerate (specifically H2O2 or Chlorine).

For some reason I really understand the concept of feeding an oxidant continuously upstream from a Katalox-Light and/or Carbon filter, and why you would want to do that (Or injecting oxygen or going with an Aer-Max type of system, etc. to get your ORP higher.). What I don't understand is when it is a better or a good idea to regenerate Manganese Dioxide with either Peroxide or Chlorine during backwash, and in what situations it is more called for vs. continuous feeding of the oxidant.

Do you know where I could find more information on this, the types of valves that are best for this application, etc.? I'm guessing there would be a brine tank involved and it would not be much different from the way a softener works? (but just much different settings). Would doing such a regeneration need to be followed downstream by a Carbon tank to remove residual Peroxide or Chlorine, or would all of that rinse back off and there would be no residuals left after the BW was finished? I just really know nothing about it and am interested in learning more. I think I may have a situation that could benefit.

Thank you very much and happy early Thanksgiving to all!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks