junior plumber

Users who are viewing this thread

rham54

Reaction score
I have a shallow well about 25 ft it is driven the pump is in the basement. Water goes into a 10gallon bladder tank. When i start to take a shower the water pressure is fine after about 5 mins it drops to near nothing. Is it something in the well or is it in the bladder tank. The pump seems to be running longer before kicking off any help would be appreciated. The well is about 100 yards from the house and comes up a slight hill its covered with weeds and im pretty sure there are snakes in there!

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
The first thing that I would check is the pressure tank.
With the pump unplugged and the water pressure drained competely down, check the tank air valve with a tire gauge.
It should read two psi below the pump cut-on pressure. If water spits out of the tank air valve, replace the tank...the bladder is shot. If the air pressure is too low, air it up with a bicycle pump or portable air tank or compressor.
Try that first. There are multiple reasons why a pump and well could lose pressure.
Good luck!
Mike

Speedbump

Reaction score
Driven wells have well points which plug up over time. This would cause the pump to run longer and the pressure to drop once the tank is emptied.

bob...

rham54

Reaction score
First of all i would like to thank everyone helping. It's a blessing to be able to ask questions and get answers from guys who do it everyday. Okay here is what i did. first i turned off the pump and turned on a water faucet upstairs until all the pressure was gone. I then checked the pressure in the tank.It was 25psi. I tried to read the gauge but could not see it. I went to lowes and got a gauge. It is cutting in at about 40. I pumped i]up the tank to 38. I do have more pressure at first which radpidly drops off to a dribble.If i have to pull the well head what to expect. I understand when one of these are driven you start out with the screen and add five ft sections as they are driven into the aquifer. Mine is im told about 25 ft deep. How will i be able to pull it up if it has been driven into the ground to check and or replace the screen. The well head looks to be sealed pretty good. and thanx again

rham54

Reaction score
Tell me what i have to do and if i can i will and if i can't i wont try and thanx again:)It is totally in sand right next to a high water table running with the river

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
You have to jack that pipe out of the ground with a screen on the end that is as big around as a tree trunk. You have to scrape off all the mineral as it comes up to make it fit through the old hole. It' comes out hard. Then you have to pound it back in with a new screen on the end.

bob...

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Drive a new well!

The best solution is to drive a new well and use a new sand point. I recommend driving the new well 5' to 10' from the old well.

After the new well is driven, tested, chlorinated, connected and working satisfactorily, be sure to cap or seal the old well with bentonite inside and out to prevent possible contamination of the new well in the future.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks