Joist in way. Solution ?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Charlie46227, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Charlie46227

Charlie46227 New Member

Is this ok? Problem is I need drain IN joist bay, not above floor level, (I have a toilet just left of tub area, so a finished floor). I would run overflow pipe straight down but do not want to cut any more of the joist out. Will this gurgle at all when used as a shower? As a tub? Suggestion?

tub drainage.JPG

2. Charlie46227

Charlie46227 New Member

Also, I DID try to turn the tee onto it's 'side', but it is too high and would be above floor. Unfortunately, I cannot spare a thicker wall to get beyond the joist either. Also I do plan to use the same flexible black 90 instead of the PVC

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    You could have 45'd away from the tub and had a straight shot into the santee.
    The rubber fitting needs to go. Remember that the top overflow is also how you snake a tub drain. That tight 90 bend is going to be a hard one. And the rubber fitting is differently going to cause problems for snaking and also that they deform over time which is why it's not a legal fitting.

5. Charlie46227

Charlie46227 New Member

6. brianosaur

brianosaur New Member

How deep is that notch?!

[​IMG]

7. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

two 45 degrees is the way to go, should use a glue ptrap to, not a union one

Attached Files: