Joist in way. Solution ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlie46227

Reaction score
Is this ok? Problem is I need drain IN joist bay, not above floor level, (I have a toilet just left of tub area, so a finished floor). I would run overflow pipe straight down but do not want to cut any more of the joist out. Will this gurgle at all when used as a shower? As a tub? Suggestion?

tub drainage.JPG

Charlie46227

Reaction score
Also, I DID try to turn the tee onto it's 'side', but it is too high and would be above floor. Unfortunately, I cannot spare a thicker wall to get beyond the joist either. Also I do plan to use the same flexible black 90 instead of the PVC

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You could have 45'd away from the tub and had a straight shot into the santee.
The rubber fitting needs to go. Remember that the top overflow is also how you snake a tub drain. That tight 90 bend is going to be a hard one. And the rubber fitting is differently going to cause problems for snaking and also that they deform over time which is why it's not a legal fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks