John Douglas Royal toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
John Douglas, a 1905 Royal Toilet. At least that's what it says on the rim of the bowl. Some people claim that the slang name “John” for the toilet, came from the John Douglas Company of Cincinnati putting his name on the toilet in America. There were actually a few manufacturers with John in their logos or names.

john-douglas-02.jpg
john-douglas-01.jpg
john-douglas-03.jpg

john-douglas-04.jpg

This one from 1910

Last edited:

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry, Thanks for these posts. I have a crazy obssesion for old fittings and fixtures. My latest project is American Standard 4" center barbers faucet.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry, Thanks for these posts. I have a crazy obssesion for old fittings and fixtures. My latest project is American Standard 4" center barbers faucet.

I like old handles and old fixtures too. Post a photo of that if you have one available.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
We did an old Brownstone in NYC and they had these toilets and during the alteration all the old toilets and claw bath tubs were destroyed along with the inlaid wood around the fire places

SICKO'S

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Crane shower is complete with thermometer, transfer valve and 3 body sprays. The shower head is Thomas Maddock's "Madspray" with air induction.
The American Standard Barber faucet is my newest project. This is the only 4" barber faucet I have ever seen.

Crane.JPG
Crane2.jpg
Am.Std..JPG

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Crane shower is complete with thermometer, transfer valve and 3 body sprays. The shower head is Thomas Maddock's "Madspray" with air induction.
The American Standard Barber faucet is my newest project. This is the only 4" barber faucet I have ever seen.

That barbers faucet is pretty neat! Never seen anything like that really! I've installed a lot of salon sinks over the years, but all very modern in comparison.

I've worked on 2 old Seattle homes with that style shower setup. Not sure if I can find any photos.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks