Jog in Main Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

danabkk

Reaction score
I currently have the main drain coming from the second floor and running straight down through the main floor into basement. I am wondering if it is possible to jog the stack/drain over about 7', then down <8', then back over the 7' to where it enters the basement. Trying to reconfigure kitchen and remove non-load bearing wall where stack is currently.

If it's possible, what would pitch requirements be for the line? I am in Calgary, Alberta.

(sorry for crude drawing)
Plumbing Query.jpg

danabkk

Reaction score
Jogging the main line is not a problem. The kitchen drain and vent COULD be.

Thanks hj. Could you explain a bit more? The existing location of kitchen vent I believe/kinda has to be somewhere in the L-shaped wall between sink (purple) and stack (red), likely closer to stack than I show in diagram. I would be moving the sink to be part of new peninsula.

Water pipes are actually in that small remaining wall segment to the right hand side of the "proposed" diagram where you see the red and green circles for new vent and drain.

There would likely be a header above to meet pitch requirements for drain stack to fit vent. Ideally I'd like the vent to follow a similar path to the drain stack (see first diagram)
Kitchen Layout.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks