jet pump wont shut off

Users who are viewing this thread

jocko165

Reaction score
recently purchased house with well. My first well. Already had to replace tank as old one had a hole. Got new tank in, pressure in tank is 38# and pressure switch is 40 on 60 off. pump runs good but pressure built to 72# and was still running. My relief valve is 75# so I shut it off. Is this a simple matter of replacing the pressure switch. I tried moving the switch manually while the pump was running and could not make it shut off. HELP PLEASE !!!

Reach4

Reaction score
Is this a simple matter of replacing the pressure switch.
Since the pump goes to 72 PSI, probably yes. It could be that the nipple to the pressure switch is clogged, but replace the switch and inspect/clean the nipple.

Usually there is a pressure tank that you can see for a house system. If you put a 40/60 pressures pressure switch to control your jet pump, with zero water pressure, set the air precharge pressure to 37 PSI. If things work well then, great. If there is a pause in water pressure whenever the pump clicks on, set the precharge to 36 PSI.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks