Jet pump will not stop running after new switch installed

Users who are viewing this thread

Rfhjr

Reaction score
I have a garden pump which is a jet two pipe with a blue water tank and since it had a problem of not shutting off. The pump is holding its prime so I assume the foot valve is okay and water tank fills up. I put on a new 20/40 Square D switch and also cleaned out the hole for the switch with an air compressor which I thought would solve the problem. Well I guess that was too easy because the pump will still not shut off by itself. Any suggestions would be appreciated

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I have a garden pump which is a jet two pipe with a blue water tank and since it had a problem of not shutting off. The pump is holding its prime so I assume the foot valve is okay and water tank fills up. I put on a new 20/40 Square D switch and also cleaned out the hole for the switch with an air compressor which I thought would solve the problem. Well I guess that was too easy because the pump will still not shut off by itself. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sounds like the jet may need cleaned.

MI Well Drilling

Oh well !
Reaction score
You may have a plugged jet. If it won't build over 30 psi it's usually a jet. I have seen impellers be plugged and it does the same thing. Good thinking of clean the switch line though. Post back with the highest pressure reading that you are getting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks