Jet pump loss of pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Glendon Wentzell

Reaction score
its just the pipe that comes from the pump,goes under the ground,and then enters the well crock,then ,the pipe is attached to an elbow that turns down,and it goes to bottom of well,with foot valve on the end,thats all it is . (A pipe with nothing but a foot valve at the end. From house to bottom of well)

Reach4

Reaction score
its just the pipe that comes from the pump,goes under the ground,and then enters the well crock,then ,the pipe is attached to an elbow that turns down,and it goes to bottom of well,with foot valve on the end,thats all it is . (A pipe with nothing but a foot valve at the end. From house to bottom of well)
my pipe (that comes from house)i n the well is about 5 ft down
What is 5 ft down? Not the foot valve, is it?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Re-read your whole thread. Still don't understand the problem. Is the pump coming on even when you are not using any water? If so, then replace the foot valve. If the pump only comes on when you use water, and after cycling on and off a while you start seeing air, I believe you are pumping the well too hard and sucking air. In this case you would just need to use less water, or treat the well and try to get it back to producing like it was.

Glendon Wentzell

Reaction score
the pump is coming on when i am NOT useing water,,,about every 15 sec it will come on ,with no water usage or taps open.go up to pressure in tank 40lbs and shut off.I can see the pressure gauge needle go slowly down to 20 lbs ,then it turns on again...etc....No leaks in the house at all.Thats my problem.It is hard to explain this ,,,sorry.
After this goes on for a time .I shut it off,,,(so it dosnt burn out the pump) then when i turn it on ,it will lose prime so i have to let it run a few min (with tap open ) and let the air out then it will prime up and its good ...but still will turn on /shut off and so on

Glendon Wentzell

Reaction score
i have an 18 ft well,15 ft of water in it now.Foot valve is a couple ft from bottom.The water is irony cloudy....so thats why i think it may be a foot valve problem also

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks