jet pump and piping question

Users who are viewing this thread

bmdakk

Reaction score
Hi guys, got a quick question. a friend of mine is having pump problems at his hunting camp. he initially started with water and no problems, and thenone day it wouldnt pump. replaced the pressure switch and it wouldnt kick off, was losing prime, long story short we ended up replacing the whole system., new pump, foot valve,pipe, , pressure switch, still no water. we did find a leak in the footvalve and fixed that, but still wont kick off. Pressure switch. so he called a well driller to see what was going on, and we were told that the foot valve had to Match the pump. I have installed numerous pumps, (jet and submersible), and have never heard of a matching the valve with the pump. he then called another guy and was told the same thing. Is this the case?thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
How many pipes were going to the well before your friend made the changes? What I am wondering is if this was a deep jet pump with two pipes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks