JADO Kitchen faucet question.

Users who are viewing this thread

FatDaddy

Reaction score
I have a JADO NEW HAVEN SINGLE LEVER KITCHEN FAUCET
I am on a well.
All seems good throughout the house at all faucets and the other kitchen sink (Kohler faucet is working normally)
Some time ago I noticed a slight surge when I was using the hot water.
Now it is quite noticeable and might even be slightly surging on the cold as well.

QUESTION: What might be causing this? Remedy? Is there a cartridge that can go bad on these things?

Thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
City water? You probably have a check valve a the meter, and you would need a thermal expansion tank. Anyway, I am wondering if thermal expansion caused high pressure is what causes the brief burst.

FatDaddy

Reaction score
Thanks. Problem resolved. Called DVX (they seem to have bought JADO and someone else...who can keep up with the M&A in that space?) and the tech support person said that it was the cartridge. They no longer support the line and the parts are not really available so she sent me a new faucet with a slightly different look but kind of similiar. Retails for $450++ but I will have to crawl under the sink and install. These old bones do not like doing that anymore. SO...happy ending I suppose. Bad cartridge, good customer service. Problem solved.

Note-- I asked the person, several times, what will happen going forward with a bad cartridge and was told that eventually it leaks and renders the faucet useless. I will get the replacement in a few days so no big deal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks