Jacuzzi Water Rainbow fill spout and valves

Users who are viewing this thread

jkhome

Reaction score
Anyone have any good/bad input on these? I am installing a 6' jacuzzi jetted tub, and want to either use this on the tub or match up to the other bathroom fixture with a Kohler tub spout/valves.
Thanks
John K.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
From the picture, it appears that they are still using Delta valves with their proprietary spout. But you can use any faucet you like, although Kohler might not be my first, second, or third choice, unless it was to match other items.

jkhome

Reaction score
Thanks. What would be your first and second choice for the valves, if I use the Jaz spout?

Also, is it OK to have a little distance between spout and valves? I want to mount the spout on the center back of the tub, but place the valves on the back RH corner of the tub. This way they will be accessible through the pump access door opening, and we can reach them while still outside the tub..

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Normally, you could use any brand valves you wanted to, but these days, some manufacturers use a "custom" method of connecting their valves to their spout, and that limits interchanging them or even remotely mounting the spout. I know Price Pfister and Moen still use 1/2" copper between the components so you can mount the valves anywhere you desire and then pipe a single line to the spout. IF the spout has a "proprietary" tee at the spout, then you have to pipe the hot and cold from the valves to it individually.

jkhome

Reaction score
Thanks HJ. Given the cost of the spout, and the absence of any real opinions about this product on the web (other than "ad copy"), think I will op for a standard facet setup mounted on the front "feet-end" corner of the tub.

Here's another question: I have ran 3/4" copper to the location of the tub (down through the top plate of one of the sidewall), is it advantageous to run 3/4" all the way to the fill valves, even if the "high flow" valves only have 1/2" inlets? It would be around a 16' run of more pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
For maximum flow, run the 3/4" all the way to the valve, then reduce to fit. If you really want to fill the tub faster, buy a 3/4" valve assembly, too. You could probably nearly double the flow rate with 3/4" pipe and valve over a 1/2" valve and fill the tub in half the time. Running the 3/4" pipe to a 1/2" valve will help, but not nearly as much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks