Jacuzzi tub weak hot water pressure/temp

Users who are viewing this thread

Bret1808

Reaction score
Hey all...over the last month or so, in our jacuzzi tub in master bath, our hot water temp and pressure has been greatly reduced. I initially thought maybe it had something to do with the change in temperature but it’s quite drastic and even on days where temps have returned to the 60s or so, the issue persists. The cold water knob gets plenty of pressure, albeit it seems to spit it out rather than a smooth flow...the hot water knob is about 1/2 or maybe even 1/3 the pressure that it used to be. The temperature, too, is vastly reduced on the hot water knob. I don’t have this issue regarding pressure OR heat on the separate master shower just 4 feet away-so I don’t BELIEVE it’s a water heater issue...I’m open to DIY but relative newbie on plumbing...what can I do to start troubleshooting?
6’ jacuzzi tub, Delta three piece hardware set up (hot water handle, spout, cold water handle)
Thank you in advance!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Change the hot water valve of the faucet or the shut off stop valve has collapsed and the bits of washer has clogged up the valve flow. Probably the stop valve is first to go bad. If you need to replace it, get the 1/4 turn type.

Bret1808

Reaction score
Change the hot water valve of the faucet or the shut off stop valve has collapsed and the bits of washer has clogged up the valve flow. Probably the stop valve is first to go bad. If you need to replace it, get the 1/4 turn type.
Thanks. I replaced the hot water handle valve (the stem piece?). I’ll probably need to replace the handle too because the screw that connects it to stem is stripped. I am still not getting the same type of pressure out of the hot water side as I am in the cold water side...where would the shut off stop valve be located on a Roman jacuzzi tub? I’ve taken off the panel to gain access to it but no clue from there. Also, would flushing the hot water lines somewhere under there help too or? Thanks again

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
If you are real good and someone to help, get some towels and remove the hot water faucet cartridge, then have someone slowly turn on the water to flush out that line. Somewhere there has to be a shut off. If you have a basement look there. If there is a closet behind the tub or shower, there might be an access panel. Did you find any debri when replacing the cartridge? With a three piece Roman type tub faucets, under the faucet is usually a tee that connects everything together. Possible something is jammed in the tub between the hot side and the spout. The hard part is if there is a restriction, is it to the faucet or the faucet itself?

rp23601.jpg

Bret1808

Reaction score
If you are real good and someone to help, get some towels and remove the hot water faucet cartridge, then have someone slowly turn on the water to flush out that line. Somewhere there has to be a shut off. If you have a basement look there. If there is a closet behind the tub or shower, there might be an access panel. Did you find any debri when replacing the cartridge? With a three piece Roman type tub faucets, under the faucet is usually a tee that connects everything together. Possible something is jammed in the tub between the hot side and the spout. The hard part is if there is a restriction, is it to the faucet or the faucet itself?

rp23601.jpg
Thanks. I didn’t really find any debris when I replaced the stem. I’m definitely not “really good”..more like mediocre to average but I’m trying to learn! It sounds like I should go ahead and call a professional. Would taking off the faucet and looking around under there to the hot water handle help you think? The cold water when turned on has plenty of pressure so definitely not a spout issue itself.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What are you using to heat your water? IF it's a tankless system, some of them do have internal flow restrictions. There aren't too many places in a typical home that allow unrestricted flow. Often, a tub and washing machines are the only ones with hot water ( a hose connection usually isn't flow restricted, either, but most don't supply hot water), so you might not notice a reduction in the hot water volume. It's most likely a volume thing versus pressure which are easy to confuse. If you were to put a pressure gauge on the hot side versus the cold, it's likely they would both be the same as they're coming from the same supply, ultimately. But, restrictions along the way could be affecting the available volume.

Snitroxy

Reaction score
Hey all...over the last month or so, in our jacuzzi tub in master bath, our hot water temp and pressure has been greatly reduced. I initially thought maybe it had something to do with the change in temperature but it’s quite drastic and even on days where temps have returned to the 60s or so, the issue persists. The cold water knob gets plenty of pressure, albeit it seems to spit it out rather than a smooth flow...the hot water knob is about 1/2 or maybe even 1/3 the pressure that it used to be. The temperature, too, is vastly reduced on the hot water knob. I don’t have this issue regarding pressure OR heat on the separate master shower just 4 feet away-so I don’t BELIEVE it’s a water heater issue...I’m open to DIY but relative newbie on plumbing...what can I do to start troubleshooting?
6’ jacuzzi tub, Delta three piece hardware set up (hot water handle, spout, cold water handle)
Thank you in advance!

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks