Island Loop/Foot Vent Layout

Users who are viewing this thread

Garrett Spitzer

Reaction score
I have read through many of the island loop vent discussions and have gotten a great primer from you all. My challenge is to reduce the vertical space taken up under the floor and was hoping to achieve this by rolling the vent fittings at a 45 degree angle as shown in my dryfit layout below. My questions:

1) Does rolling the vent fittings on a 45 degree angle cause a vent problem.
2) My vent coming down from the roof is 2" until it hits the basement. Can I reduce the foot vent to 1-1/2" after the 90 degree bend at the base of the vent? The kitchen sink is the only fixture that it will serve.

IMG_5091.JPG
IMG_5093.JPG

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would remove the p-trap you have there and just have a trap adapter on the sani-tee. It will be a lot easier to connect it or change sinks in the future. It is easy to remove and reinstall the trap if needed. I always snake through the trap adapter opening when needed.

Reaction score
Good job on the labels with the blue painters tape.

Let this be a lesson for others wanting help, the more clear and understanding your pics are, the more accurate advice you invite.

Often advice is generalized and may require extra work for a specific case.

You don't need to get a pic into Photoshop with fancy overlays.

Well labeled tape on the areas you want to make a point out of does the job.

Garrett Spitzer

Reaction score
Thanks standardairconditioner, I confess my first attempt caused me to revise the design plus I could not for the life of me figure out how to describe it!

Smooky, thanks for the reminder. I tossed the trap in there for the photo. By an adapter I assume that you mean a compression/slip joint? I was actually thinking about using a Fernco at either end of the trap. I have read some articles suggesting that they will hold much better. Our old kitchen had compression joints and they kept coming apart from being bumped when people put things in the cabinet...of course those were not very high quality joints.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks