Is TOTO tornado flush the same as double cyclone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bmh4796

Reaction score
TOTO is confusing so I'm trying to sort them out before spending so much on a toilet.

I THINK I'm convinced the tornado flush system cleans the sides of the bowl better than the G-max even though it uses 1.28 gallons per flush while the gmax uses 1.6. Am I wrong about this?

Next question:
Is the double cyclone the same thing as tornado? I think the DUAL cyclone is when you can choose a smaller amount of water to flush urine versus a bigger/1.28 gallon amount of water to flush"number 2". It seems TOTO uses the word Dual to represent this while they use double cyclone to represent the tornado flushing system and the double refers to the the directions of force from the water?

Lastly- here's a little "TMI/too much info" for you, but it's necessary as it's the reason I want a great toilet:
My husband had his gall bladder removed almost 20 years ago, so he poops frequently throughout the day & Because he doesn't have the secretions of the gall bladder to assist with digestion, his poops are loose and splatter on the rim and sides of the bowl - sorry TMI . The splatter seems to stick to the bowl even if he flushes twice, so I end up having to scrub with the toilet brush daily.

Because of his predicament, I'm certain we need the Sanigloss or cefiontect glaze on the bowl. Both seem equally great so I'm not concerned with that choice.

The choice I can't make is which flushing system would be best for us -- the tornado or the gmax?

I'm leaning towards the tornado, although I wish it used 1.6 gallons like the gmax because more water seems more effective at cleaning- whether toilets or clothes. (I'm not sold on this whole less water thing)

Even so, I felt pretty confident on tornado because of its force only to see on their website the words double cyclone listed to describe the drake 2 elongated toilet which I thought had the tornado flush as I had filtered the toilets with tornado for the system and elongated for the bowl shape.

Aghhhh! Any help will be much appreciated!

Also, Happy 4th of July! May God Bless our great nation and those who protect and serve her.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
First off, don't worry about the TMI thing. You are among friends. Friends who have no trouble talking about the size and quality of BMs!

I think Terry will eventually chime in but in the meanwhile check this out:

https://learn.supply.com/buyer-guides/which-toto-toilet-flushing-system-is-right-for-you/

I am not recommending buying a toilet from that site -- in fact I don't recommend you buy a toilet online at all due to the risk of breakage. Get one from a local plumbing supply house.

I have 3 Totos all of which have the Double Cyclone system and it generally cleans the sides of the bowl (esp right under the rim) really well. Looks like the Tornado system would likely work even better as it apparently has 3 jets instead of two, and no rim overhand if I am reading the info on the site above correctly.

Best wishes on this hunt. You will be happy with whatever Toto you get!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks