Is Toto gravity flush good enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

StevieD

Reaction score
My wife and I are remodeling our bathrooms and our remodeler recommends using Toto toilets, but did not recommend a flushing system. I am aware that there are 3 different types of flushing systems available for Totos: G-Max, Power Gravity, and Gravity. If it were left to me, I would choose the type of flushing system first, and then choolse a toilet style second.

However, my wife has chosen a toiled based on style first, without regard to the type of flush. She likes the Toto Promenade. However, it has the Gravity flush. I don't want to have to revisit the toilet selection issue with my wife, but I'm concerned that the Gravity flush may not flush well enough to prevent clogging. Will the Gravity flush be good enough?

Also, as I recall, the Promenade does not come in a CEFIONTECT finish. One of the bathrooms is used by my 85-year old dad who lives with us. He doesn't like to flush toilets at night, resulting in a dirty toilet. I was wondering if the CEFIONTECT finish would help to keep the toilet in his bathroom cleaner. FWIW, I tried to talk my wife into buying a self-flushing Toto for his bathroom, but she objects to the high price. What do you think of those self-flusing conversion kits? Would they work?

Opinions appreciated...

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
pipe_chlorine.jpg

I had a customer that didn't flush their toilets at night either.
This is a section of the pipe to his master toilet.

I think flushing is better.

The CEFIONTECT should be a better finish for keeping the bowl clean.
I have one in my downstairs now, the Ultramax MS854114SG-01 in Cotton White with the SS114 softclose seat.

The style on the CEFIONTECT versions are more vanilla.

The Promenade fushes ok, it's just that it has some bowl splash, which the others don't.
The Dartmouth, Clayton and Carrollton flush well and with no spash at all.

Older people sometimes like the taller bowls too. My 88 YO mother 88 5'4" and prefers a higher bowl.

StevieD

Reaction score
Thanks for the reponse, Terry. I agree, flushing is better, but what can you do with an 85-year old dad who won't flush at night? If he were a mere house guest, we'd throw him out, but he's my dad, so we live with it.

So I take it that the Promenade flush is adequate. What is "bowl splash"? Does the water splash up and hit you in the posterior, when seated while flushing? Does the water splash out of the bowl onto the floor when flushing while the user is standing up?

I'm sure CEFIONTECT would be cleaner, but I'm not sure you are suggesting we go with it, and thereby choose something other than the Promenade. Are you recommending I go with either a Dartmouth, Clayton or Carrolton instead of the stylish Promenade, or do you think the Promenade will be adequate (thereby keeping wife happy)? How would you prioritize these features in this case (i.e., seat height, gmax flush, CEFIONTECT finish, keeping wife happy by sticking with a Promenade)? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks